Haxe 4.0.0-rc.2 is released

Dear Community,

On behalf of the Haxe Foundation, we are proud to announce the official release of the Haxe 4.0.0-rc.2! It is available along with the changelog at Haxe 4.0.0-rc.2 - Haxe - The Cross-platform Toolkit

We now support ES6 generation by using the -D es=6 flag! Please test this with your Haxe/JavaScript codebases and let us know about any problems you come across on ES6 class generation for Haxe/JS is here! (testers needed).

Other than that, we fixed a lot of bugs and improved the quality of our error messages a little.

See the changelog for further details. Please report any issues here: Issues · HaxeFoundation/haxe · GitHub

Thank you very much for your help!

8 Likes

Massive! :slight_smile: Really cool to have ES6! I’m so impressed by the progress I’ve seen with Haxe just within the space of a few months :smiley:. Time to kick this baby into overdrive!

1 Like

WOW ! Thread support from Haxe level and not just at target language level got added ?

In …\HaxeToolkit_4_0_rc2/haxe/std/sys/thread/Thread.hx
package sys.thread;

It seems for Neko, Java, and C++ is that right ?

So we can use Threads from Haxe for those target languages ?

Ref:
[std] Move target.vm.Thread (and friends) to sys.thread.Thread #7999

Thread support on these targets has been around for a long time. The only thing we changed here is to have the API available in the sys.thread package instead of spread out over the individual target namespaces.

2 Likes

If you would like to try haxe 4.0.0-rc.2 on a Raspberry Pi running Stretch…
I’m making a script in gist that compiles from source.
A small note, I’m compiling neko 2.2.0 without apache or mysql or gtk support

Feel free to test and give feedback, I tested it on a clean Raspbian Stretch
I had one hickup (missing dependency) ,but I think I’ve have worked that out now

https://gist.github.com/gepatto/bba13a785f2ebd85c25952a31c0945e0

2 Likes

Nice!

Another way could be to base a script off haxe-docker’s Dockerfile for this target.

@kLabz, hey that’s very useful info thnx!
I kind of did it the hard way, by trial and error :wink:

i have notice that the code generated with es6 classes have less lines that with prototypes

I’m new to Haxe/OpenFl.
There will be breaking changes and should I wait for 4.0 GM or there is no upgrade issues ?