Welcome to the Haxe community Discourse Site!
Please use this space for discussion about best practices, community, and the future of the language.
- Bugs should be filed on the haxe GitHub Issues page.
- Job Postings are allowed, but you must add them to the Job Postings category. Job postings will not appear in the Latest section of the site, but will appear in other sections.
- Feature Requests are ok to post here in order to gather feedback, but they will not be accepted directly from this site. They must pass through the haxe evolution process.
Moderators will archive threads that are bug reports or questions that belong on StackOverflow. Admins may ban or disable accounts that repeatedly or egregiously violate the guidelines listed here.
Here are the basic guidelines for participating:
ABC : Always Be Civil
In general, don’t pollute the forum with inappropriate or rude behavior:
- Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
Be Agreeable when Disagreeing
The Haxe language cuts across many different programming disciplines, some of them with opposing viewpoints. It’s likely that someone out there believes differently than you. Engaging in argument is perfectly fine, but please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
There are a variety of organizational/editorial tools that are available to manage your questions and answers. Take advantage of them, follow their intended purpose, and more specifically:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Only post original content
Don’t post anything here that doesn’t belong to you, or that doesn’t serve a purely educational purpose. Example source code snippets and content falling under “fair use” are fine. Copied media and files that don’t belong to you are not.
Last but not Least : Leave the Forum Better than you Found It
We appreciate all small efforts to add supporting material, helpful tips, or timely suggestions, no matter how small. Your actions here are appreciated.
Finally, here’s some things that are encouraged:
- Do keep your responses short and to the point. Brevity is the soul of wit.
- Do make suggestions on improvements.
- Do recommend the site on other social media.
We are happy to have you join our community, looking forward to our discussions!