Vshaxe 2.0.0 released

We’re proud to announce that version 2.0.0 of the Haxe Visual Studio Code extension is now available, taking advantage of all the display protocol improvements in the freshly released Haxe 4.0.0-preview.4. You can find a detailed summary of the improvements here:

What’s New in 2.0.0?

…or watch this .gif showcasing some of them. :wink:

We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback so we can improve things even further (here or on the issue tracker, if you find one of the many bugs that we carefully hid).

8 Likes

Just installed the update and gave it a quick test and yes, YES, YESSSS this puts some much more kapow in my day-to-day development with Haxe.

Really nice job people, and I am looking forward to start experimenting with all these new features!

1 Like

I’m quite surprised that the tooltip is able to show the actual value of the numbers variable… Is this a new feature in 2.0.0?

If you look carefully, you’ll see that I’m running a task beforehand. Vshaxe has a “trace problem matcher” that is able to pick up traces and add them to the problems view, similar to how there’s a problem matcher for compiler errors or warnings:

This feature was added in vshaxe 1.11.0 already, although there was an improvement in Haxe 4 preview 4 that makes traces output proper relative paths instead of only the file name (which is necessary for VSCode to actually be able to find the file corresponding to a particular trace).

3 Likes