FYI, I’ve published a first draft of my UDP multicast library for hxcpp:
UDP multiacst essentially enables apps / games that discover each other on a local area network (LAN) without needing any host / ip information.
With code based on hxudp by @andyli, Hugh, and Matt Tuttle.
- @andyli - what’s the concept of TTL in hxudp? I only really shimmed “bind multicast” into cpp metadata – do you know other considerations I should pay attention to?
- Might be interesting to propose the
UdpSocketAPI get a
bindMulticast()function out of the box, with support in hxcpp and hashlink. @ncannasse?
- TODO: I couldn’t get an async test working in buddy. Async examples simply always timeout. Any help?
- TODO: submit a UdpSocket test to hxcpp.
- Verified on Linux, Win, OSX. Can anyone test iOS and Android? (I think Android will take some specific permissions, maybe some special-case MulticastLock code?)
Your thoughts and feedback is appreciated!