Speak Up - US HaxeSummit 2019

Hey all,

We only have 65 more days to go until the US HaxeSummit 2019 in Seattle will go off! It is exciting, awesome, and also nerve-wracking (in a good way).

While we have some great content lined up, we are also still accepting speakers. Since this is a US event, I would especially love to see more US speakers participate. After all, this is about building a stronger Haxe Community closer to you!

What would be a good talk?

The conference is about showcasing what Haxe can do as well as learning and teaching things around Haxe. A presentation about your last project, current musings or successes you have had with Haxe are just as welcome as a workshop about how to do something in Haxe or a talk about a feature you love but think is underused.

We have had all of these kinds of very appreciated content over the years. We have also had some talks about community initiatives, reports from local meetups and reflections on how to work better together. Topics that fall more on the inspirational or community side than on the technology side of the spectrum are just as welcome!

Where to submit a talk?

I have made a google form where you can easily submit your talk:

Talk Proposal Submissions

If you have any questions or need something (a longer time-slot, some feedback, some other sort of guidance), please let me know at:

events@haxe.org

What about the ticket for the summit?

As a speaker, you will get a free pass for the summit.

What about the Visas?

If you need a visa, the embassy may ask for an invitation letter. If so, please contact me, we are happy to draft something for you.

If you have been on the fence about giving a talk and not taken the plunge yet, please do so and let me know the details as soon as possible. I know that very often, you might think about it but also have doubts about whether your talk is “good enough” or whether it is worth it. Please lay your doubts to rest. Your participation in the HaxeSummit is a great way to get involved in the community, showcase your work and make new and closer connections. Also, it will be so, so appreciated!

Cheers,

Fiene

3 Likes