New HaxeUI website + getting started guide

Hello,

The haxeui.org website has had a bit of a facelift, and also ive added some getting started guides (which were sorely missing from the previous version). All the backends arent completely catered for yet in the guides, but its a start, and having something up is better to get people on the right track than nothing at all.

Feedback is, of course, very welcomed

Cheers,
Ian

15 Likes

Looks great Ian; looking forward to exploring it.

1 Like

@ianharrigan Overall very nice improvements Feedback:

1. Please add Info about What Native Platforms use which Haxe generated programming languages? (Ex: C, Java, C++? and I don’t know …)
  2. Is Use of Any Framework Optional or must 1 Framework be used?
    Avoid Framework Lock In can also mean Avoid use of Framework?
    and I awkwardly look forward using HaxeUI on forGL stuff. :sunglasses:

Well, the use of a framework very much depends on the backend used,

haxeui-kha is dependent on kha, haxeui-openfl is dependent on openfl, haxeui-hxwidgets is dependant on hxWidgets, which is dependent on wxWidgets, haxeui-html5 has no dependencies - generally i go into that detail on the actual backend (in the getting started section), as i figured that was where it relevant… maybe its not clear enough?

Congratulations on the update and on your work on the library over many years!
This is such a vital library for the Haxe ecosystem.
I noticed that the components page doesn’t seem to work in Firefox (OSX). Also I think most people are conditioned to expect https nowadays, even where it might not be strictly necessary.

2 Likes

Nice update! But I totally missed the “Getting started” Button on the Main Page. Would be great if you add it to the main menu, maybe between Components and Playground. This would be my prefered reading/testing/“digging into it” flow.

2 Likes

Good catch, should be fixed now.

Also a good call, added to the top menu now

Cheers guys,
Ian

2 Likes

Super impressed @ianharrigan! I’m personally excited by the combination of html5 and wxWidgets backends for hybrid native/web apps. Love it.

1 Like

which browsers are supported by haxeui-html5 ?

Should be anything that supports html5 (which i think is most now-a-days), if you find something that doesnt work defo let me know on the discord, forums, email, GH, etc as its a bug and shouldnt have happened.

(the FF issue above was nothing to do with haxeui btw, but more to do with the container page hosting it - it was giving the haxeui app a height of 0 :slight_smile:)

Cheers,
Ian

2 Likes