Microconsulting gig: teach me haxe, js & ts

Hi everybody!

I’m looking for someone to teach me Haxe and JavaScript/TypeScript. – This would be two or three hours a week for video calls including prep time where I can pick your brain and we can review my code together in a screensharing session, etc.

I’m new to the Haxe community but an old salt as a programmer. I have a Ph.D. in CS. Over the last 10 years, I have been doing freelance work in data science, data engineering, and backend web development in Python and Perl. Before hopping into my next freelance gig, I’d like to take some time to modernize and broaden my expertise in terms of tech stack. One thing I’m woefully missing is anything to do with JavaScript/TypeScript. I’d like to approach it through the Haxe route.

I have a project that I’m working on for this, which is a datalog engine that I’ve already got working in Python but now want to rewrite in Haxe and develop into a desktop GUI. – One of your secondary responsibilities would be to act as a sounding board to help me “get out of my head” as a solo developer, as I make choices with regard to software architecture, tooling, tech stack, programming practices, etc.

Regarding compensation: I could either pay you an hourly rate, or we could make this a kind of skills exchange where you’d teach me haxe, and I’d teach you about machine learning and data science, if that’s of interest to you.

Please e-mail me at leo84 at rb dot uref dot email, or hit me up via direct message on the haxe discord server, where I’m @leo84 .

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Leo

1 Like

Hi Leo,
If you are still on the lookout for someone I would be happy to help you, as I am an experienced Haxe consultant.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew