Jump-start your full stack JavaScript project using this Haxe boilerplate

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve been tinkering a bit with Haxe this year as part of a full stack JavaScript personal project. I was sort of frustrated by the lack of a proper tutorial for how to set up a modern workflow (immediate compile, live reload) in Haxe.

Luckily, even though we have a small community, we have amazing and helpful people here, and with their help I’ve created the first functional modules of a sample full stack JavaScript project featuring watch & live reload.

The project contains two fully functional applications: a Node JS (with Express) web service and a JavaScript client. They are currently not communicating with each other, as they are bundled in the same directory and the only difference is build.hxml and the .bat files that launches the necessary processes for watch & live reload.

In the future, I plan to add more targets, components, interactions, and to better separate all these bits & pieces. And to possibly make a video tutorial of it.

But for now, instead of a tutorial, here’s the repository. Follow readme.md files.

6 Likes