COMMUNITY

Is it possible to connect to a SQL Server DB?

sql

(Gabriel Hayes) #1

Is it possible to use existing libraries to connect to an MS SQL Server db? I was able to connect to and insert into a MySQL db using record-macros, not sure how to do the same with MSSQL.

Relatively new to databases (and Haxe) but from my understanding so far I would need an ODBC or JDBC implementation of some sort

(Aleksandr Kuzmenko) #2

I’m not sure about record macros, but just connecting and performing queries might be quite easy depending on a platform you target. E.g. if you are targeting php, you can use untyped code or write simple externs.
Which platform are you targeting?

(Gabriel Hayes) #3

Anything that runs on Windows Desktop or web browser.

I would prefer a desktop application though. (right now I’m using cpp)

(Gabriel Hayes) #4

How feasible do you think it would be to run two programs at once that are bridged with loopback protocol
PHP DB interface: connects to mssql db and performs SQL queries based on url parameters then converts the results into an array of typedefs then serializes the data and prints it.

A front end haxeui desktop application that uses http to fetch the serialized string from the file which is stored on localhost

Update: works rather well, not sure how what kind of security flaws this may produce though