Is haxeui broken?

I am not referring to haxeui-core, but the haxeui library / package.

In order to use StyleManager, I tried using the haxeui library in my project.
-lib haxeui

import haxe.ui.toolkit.controls.Button;
import haxe.ui.toolkit.core.Root;
import haxe.ui.toolkit.core.Toolkit;
import haxe.ui.toolkit.style.Style;
import haxe.ui.toolkit.style.StyleManager;
import haxe.ui.toolkit.themes.GradientTheme;

When I ran the command haxe html5.hxml
I got a heap of errors, especially in openfl.

C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/utils/_internal/UInt16Array.hx:6:characters 23-41 : Type not found : js.lib.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/haxeui/1,8,21/haxe/ui/toolkit/data/DataManager.hx:8: characters 29-41 : instance: Custom property accessor is no longer supported, please use get
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/haxeui/1,8,21/haxe/ui/toolkit/core/PopupManager.hx:25: characters 29-41 : instance: Custom property accessor is no longer supported, please use get
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/haxeui/1,8,21/haxe/ui/toolkit/core/ToolTipManager.hx:82: characters 29-41 : instance: Custom property accessor is no longer supported, please use get
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DBuffer.hx:19: characters 35-46 : Type not found : UInt16Array src/Main.hx:5: lines 5-14 : 
 Defined in this class
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:303: characters 24-42 : Void cannot be constructed
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:304: characters 4-21 : Array access is not allowed on openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:305: characters 4-21 : Array access is not allowed on openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:306: characters 4-21 : Array access is not allowed on openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:307: characters 4-21 : Array access is not allowed on openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:308: characters 4-21 : Array access is not allowed on openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:309: characters 4-21 : Array access is not allowed on openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:313: characters 39-56 : openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array should be openfl.utils._internal.ArrayBufferView
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/media/Video.hx:313: characters 39-56 : 
 For function argument ‘data’
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/text/_internal/ShapeCache.hx:41: characters 7-14 : Unknown identifier : wordKey
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/text/_internal/ShapeCache.hx:37: characters 3-56 : Missing return: Array<openfl.text._internal.GlyphPosition>
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:130: characters 32-90 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer does not have a constructor
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:134: characters 30-36 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field resize
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:146: characters 52-68 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field vertexBufferData
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:320: characters 26-47 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field flushVertexBufferData
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:334: characters 32-66 : openfl.utils._internal.UInt16Array should be openfl.utils._internal.ArrayBufferView
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:334: characters 32-66 : 
 For function argument ‘data’
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:636: characters 114-126 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field vertexBuffer
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:639: characters 33-45 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field vertexBuffer
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DTilemap.hx:62: characters 68-84 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field vertexBufferData
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DTilemap.hx:633: characters 23-83 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer does not have a constructor
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DTilemap.hx:637: characters 21-27 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field resize
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DTilemap.hx:640: characters 39-55 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field vertexBufferData
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DTilemap.hx:76: characters 20-41 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field flushVertexBufferData
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DTilemap.hx:342: characters 40-52 : openfl.display._internal.Context3DBuffer has no field vertexBuffer
C:/Users/mypc/haxelib/openfl/9,2,0/src/openfl/display/_internal/Context3DGraphics.hx:846: characters 21-30 : Variables of type Void are not allowed

Is haxeui outdated, or incompatible with the openfl version I am using?
I’m using haxeui 1.8.21, and openfl 9.2.0.

I understand HaxeUI is an OpenFL-based UI library.
So, is it the case my project needs to be openfl?
Or is this something I should ask on github?

Also, where can I get the js.lib.UInt16Array. I found that missing in another project.
Thanks.

haxeui is “retired” you should switch to newer haxeui-core and haxeui-openfl libs.

old haxeui only works with openfl upto version 3.6.1 and lime upto version 2.9.1, anything fresher won’t work.

1 Like

Thank you for that.
Do you know anything about js.lib.UInt16Array?
Is this also associated with old libraries? Do you know where I can get this
 which library I would need to download?

are you using Haxe 3.*? try upgrading to 4.2.5.

I’m using the latest haxe. Just downloading old libraries. LOL

Is there a reason you want to use the old haxeui lib ? New haxeui is also compatible with openfl ( but also hjtml5,hl,widgets,pdcurses 
) and has ton of improvements.

Yes, I was just checking out the different libraries.

• For one thing, I was interested in checking out Ceramic. But that’s another story.
  • For another, I was trying to use StyleManager, before I got help on changing the color of my menu’s buttons. I was waiting quite a long time, so I searched for a solution.
  • For another, I was trying out the different UI libraries out there. It’s always good to know what’s available.

From experience, I’ve learned that you’d better shop around before settling for the first item found.

After checking out the Components section, it appears haxeui has everything I am looking for, but I want to know that everything works well, since I can’t have any bugs in my program.

Can this be fixed?

I can’t have my UI buttons turning white at any time.

let’s not mix topics here.
haxeui is clearly not broken, you were using generation one when you should’ve been using generation two.

your styling issue might belong more in your other post (or a completely new one).
however please provide reproducible steps so people can actually follow you.
and you might want to take a look at HaxeUI’s forums and Haxe’s discord channel

You have already answered and addressed that - the OP.

I was answering @rationaldecay’s question.
Is there a problem? Have I done something wrong? Could you tell me what please?
Should i have asked the last question in another thread?
I’ll do that then.

I know I was just trying to wrap it up with a summary.

you already mentioned your menu-button problem in the other thread, so there is no reason to bring it to a second topic. especially without giving any additional info on how to reproduce.
posting to multiple different places is usually considered bad etiquette, because someone will always start asking the same questions that have been answered in other locations. and once that person finds out they will lose all interest in continuing to help you. so in your own best interest: keep it in one place.

before I got help on changing the color of my menu’s buttons

I did not know that would confuse people, and cause them to think I was bringing it up for attention.
I’m sorry. I will be more careful in future, remembering how differently we think.

You can post the link of the project ( preferably on your other thread), your project is saved when using chromium/chrome ( not firefox :frowning: ). It will be easier to see where’s the problem

I was only explaining why I ended up with an old library (Haxeui). I got help with that problem and that’s been solved. :slightly_smiling_face:
Sorry to have confused you guys. :slightly_frowning_face:

This was about haxeui
 the former. Not haxeui-core. Is there a later version of haxeui (Not haxeui-core) version 1.8.21?

No worries ! It happens :slight_smile:

HaxeUI is awesome—make sure you also check out FeathersUI which is equally awesome and possibly a bit easier to learn.

Features is one on top of my list of UIs. Haxeui is great
 once you know what you are doing. I haven’t got there yet, but I’m slowly crawling along.
Hopefully, I’ll get there. :grin:

Join the haxe discord if you have it, plenty of us use haxeui are often active around :slight_smile:

1 Like