I am ready to sponsor for any developer interested in developing *RUST* target for haxe. Kindly reply

I am just an individual user of haxe for my personal pet projects, I am not a company etc.

I would humbly like to offer money for development of haxe/rust target out of my personal savings. If anybody is interested kindly tell

• the amount expected
  • and timeline in which he will implement it.
  • his email id to discuss further details if finalized

SCOPE:
s1) it should support full library implementation of haxe version 4.2.5 or later.

s2) it should support rust language versiion 1.67 or later

s3) the person should release haxe/rust full code in dual licenses - MIT and Apache 2.0 license both.
(Note that rustlang has dual license MIT and Apache2.0 license. And haxe library also has MIT license.)

s4) He should support bugs filed for 6 months.

MOTIVATION:
m1) Some may ask , if haxe/C++ or haxe/hashlink target is already there, then why haxe/rust target is needed?
The answer is that: I have lots of personal libraries written in haxe language. These days I want to move to rust platform , so I will want to use my haxe libraries with my main program driver written in rust. For this I do not want to write wrapper codes for interfacing hashlink and rust etc.

m2)Many exiciting third-party rust projects have option of writing rust plugins. I would like to use my haxe libraries to write rust plugins for those rust projects.

3 Likes

It seems impossible to do this, you might need to hire someone to rewrite your libraries from scratch using rust

For a source to source compiler? You’re almost certainly better off hiring someone to port them, or calling Haxe/C++ somehow from Rust. But I guess I could do $1k USD per week, approximately finish in 1.5 - 2 months.

Though, I’d urge you to check out my GC-Free C++ Haxe target project. I’m trying to make an alternative C++ target that generates much simpler, GC-less, dependent-less C++ code which should work way better with something like cxx for Rust (which apparently has support for std::shared_ptrs, the primary form of memory management in my project). I only started developing it recently, so no idea when it’ll be complete, but mostly functioning version should be up on haxelib soon?

5 Likes