Haxelib SSL Error

Hej,

When doing haxelib update I get the following error :fatal: unable to access ‘my/path/to.git/’: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

Haxe 3.4.7
Haxelib 3.3.0

I cannot reproduce that. Are you using haxelib git ...? It looks like there is some problem with git itself. Can you do a git fetch/pull successfully with that repo?

Hej Andy,

Thanks for your answer.
In fact I use the same Git on windows for years and never had any issues.
Here I don’t use something special, just call a update on a git repository (abedev for example…):
haxelib update
and I get that :
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/abedev/abe.git/': error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

Haxelib doesn’t do git operations by itself but merely call git. So, please check from the same console that haxelib returned such error, cd to the abe directory (you may found that out by haxelib path abe), run git fetch and it should fail with the same error.

If it succeed, than maybe somehow haxelib used another git installed in somewhere in the system. Or, the execution environment is somehow different from the normal console. I will need to know how you installed git (which git installer and what option you’ve chosen during installation) in order to debug.

Andy,
You’re right, I haven’t tried to run git alone because I haven’t changed anything and btw it works fine with my own repositories. So it’s a git related problem. I’m sorry, I’ll try to solve that.
Thanks,