Haxe 4.3.5 released

Dear Community,

On behalf of the Haxe Foundation, we are proud to announce the official release of Haxe 4.3.5!

This release includes a number of bugfixes, as well as some nice things we
thought would be useful before Haxe 5 release:

• Mac OS universal binaries, now supporting Apple Silicon
  • Json RPC Diagnostics, to be used with the upcoming version 2.32.0 of vshaxe

This release is available along with the changelog at https://haxe.org/download/version/4.3.5

If you have any suggestions or run into any problems, feel free to open an issue on GitHub.

Thanks to everyone involved!

12 Likes

Great! I’m excited to take advantage of native Apple Silicon support on macOS.

Will there be a new release of hxcpp before Haxe 5 too? There have been a ton of bug fixes in hxcpp since the previous release over a year ago.

Any plans to start signing and notarizing the macOS installer?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Great. Always nice to see new updates, even for smaller releases! Will there be a 4.4 / 4.5 release or is the next big update Haxe 5?

I don’t know about hxcpp, but I guess that would be nice indeed.
I don’t think signing is planned.

Next version will be 5.0.0 (well, there could be more 4.3.x bugfix versions if needed), with a preview cycle that should :tm: start in the following weeks (release candidates and final version are for later though).

Apparently there was one 3 days before you asked? x)

Not published on haxelib though…

but unfortunately that’s not on haxelib yet, it is still 4.3.2 there

I’ve observed that every push to hxcpp’s repo automatically creates a new “release” with GitHub Actions. I definitely meant a new version that is published on Haxelib.

Great, I am very excited for this and now will explore new features.

Thanks for it.

Best Regards

Amazing! Mac OS universal binaries supporting Apple Silicon was something I had been waiting for months!