Haxe 4.0.0-rc.3 is released

Dear Community,

On behalf of the Haxe Foundation, we are proud to announce the official release of the Haxe 4.0.0-rc.3! It is available along with the changelog at Haxe 4.0.0-rc.3 - Haxe - The Cross-platform Toolkit.

The new Java Virtual Machine target is available! Generate JVM byte code directly from Haxe bypassing Java compilation step by adding -D jvm to your project targeting Java.

Unicode support was greatly improved across all targets.

Other than that, we fixed a lot of bugs and improved the quality of IDE services (compilation and completion server).

Also, we are considering different options about inline markup. The feature is subject to change in the future: [RFC] XML DSLs · Issue #60 · HaxeFoundation/haxe-evolution · GitHub.

See the changelog below for further details. Please report any issues here: Issues · HaxeFoundation/haxe · GitHub.

Thank you very much for your help!

17 Likes

Does the jvm target support sourcemap debugging for eclipse or intelij? I experimented in the past with a macro to generate debug information for JSR45, but that code is unfortunately long gone.

Thanks!

Note: went to try out 4.0.0-rc.3 with HashLink (on Debian Testing), but looks like (according to HL issue 259) that Haxe 4 rc3 with HL requires HL 1.10 which has not yet been released.

That’s not entirely true, you can also simply target HL 1.9.0 by defining -D hl_ver=1.9.0.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh… by your comment in the HL issue I thought you were referring to compiling Haxe itself, but you meant I could pass that argument to haxe when compiling my own program.

Ok, I switched back to Haxe 4-rc3 and updated my “hello world” hl.hxml file look like:

-cp src
-D hl_ver=1.9.0
-main Main
-hl out.hl

and now “haxe hl.hxml && hl out.hl” works! Thanks!

1 Like

For posterity, with the more modern/conventional updated compiler option spellings, that hl.hxml file looks like:

-p src
-D hl_ver=1.9.0
--main Main
--hl out.hl