If you’re having problem with Hashlink Debugger suddenly stopped working, it could be an update to VS Code that broke things. Try downgrading to the previous version.
I use Lime and compile to the HashLink target, and use HashLink Debugger to debug.
A couple days ago I started getting errors when trying to build anything, with an error:
“Couldn’t connect on 127.0.0.1:6000”
This turned out to be a problem with an update to VS Code version 1.82 breaking some communication with Lime and/or the Haxe compilation server.
I fixed this temporarily by disabling the compilation server, and the Lime extension was updated to fix this fairly quickly as per this issue:
After the Lime extension fixed the build problem, I noticed I was still unable to debug my code using Hashlink Debugger. My guess is that Hashlink Debugger needs to apply a fix similar to Lime to fix connection issues.
My fix was to downgrade to VS Code to 1.81 and disable auto updates.