General Site Suggestions

Discourse uses highlight.js which contains haxe, but it’s not available in the admin panel, they may use an outdated version. I’ll see if it can be updated.

Changed the categories, fused macros/beginner/uncategorized in a single haxe category.
But activated the tags, need to be level 1 to create a new one, don’t hesitate to ask the team to create some.

You can show all topics for a tag by clicking on it.

Also added an event category, don’t hesitate to promote your events about haxe!

I think it should be a high level privilege, well defined and organized tags are very important.
Maybe the administration should create the basics one and add more where needed

You’re right, users now can’t create tags (don’t hesitate to ask for new ones to be added)

Currently the following tags exists:
haxe-cs, haxe-js, haxe-swf, haxe-neko, haxe-java, haxe-php, haxe-cpp, haxe-hl, haxe-as3, haxe-cppia, haxe-python, haxe-lua, game, extern, generic, library-showcase, server, merchandise, mobile, web, project-showcase, raspberrypi, macro, ide, cli, linux, windows, osx, type-parameter, reflection, dce, documentation, haxelib, std, debugging, hxml, async.

Which should be enough :smiley:

1 Like

FYI, the header is doing weird things as I navigate around the site:

FYI, it appears that the forum uses .extra-info-wrapper in the header, and perhaps you could hide these with:

header .extra-info-wrapper { display:none; }

Though I’m not sure if it ever presents important info up there.

To be honest I don’t like it at all :slight_smile:

Visit http://community.openfl.org/t/openfl-6-4-0-and-lime-5-8-1-are-out/9763 and scroll

Before

After

You can see that in Discourse, the header of the site is collapsed, and a tile for the topic you are reading is displayed. We have two separate icons on the OpenFL forums to handle this transition, but I’m sure there are other ways to do this too :slight_smile:

Should be better now.
And hopefully I didn’t break the read status this time :sweat_smile:

Currently header is still a little bit broken, so maybe this css will be helpful:

.extra-info-wrapper {
    margin-left:28px;
}
.d-header {
    height:52px;
}
.brand.sub::before {
    margin-left: -41px;
    margin-top: -21px;
}

1 Like

@dmitryhryppa what browser is that? Looks fine for me on firefox and chrome linux.

@ibilon that’s Chrome on Windows. Opera looks the same. And Edge has some troubles. :slight_smile:

Can we have a new category [Tutorials] ?.

@socialflasher Added one.

what browser is that? Looks fine for me on firefox and chrome linux.

I see the issue too; Chrome 62 on Linux.

Same problem here: Firexfox 56.0 on Linux.

Please add typedef tag (and maybe open dedicated topic for missing tags… )

Why create a tag for a keyword?

hm… cause this is a topic… I think…