I have a bit of a time sensitive need to get a quick patch to get unicode-aware file system operations working with hxcpp/windows.
Some of you might remember this post:
Apparently, despite some patches being upstreamed since then, with the latest hxcpp/haxe this still seems to be an issue. You can verify yourself with this code:
FileSystem.createDirectory("C:\\Денис"); File.saveContent("C:\\Денис\\test.txt", "Денис");
The expected result is you’ll get a folder at the path “C:\Денис” with the contents “Денис”. Instead you’ll get a folder at the path “C:<garbage>” with the contents “Денис”. It seems the issue is passing a string to the windows file system operations.
I’m about to have an influx of Korean and Chinese users tomorrow, and I just discovered I still am suffering from this bug, and I know I’m going to get a lot of bug reports if I can’t get a quick fix in.
I found a promising lead in this library:
But it’s neko-only, and I’m not familiar with the build system that he’s using in order to attempt recompiling it for hxcpp/windows. If you know how to rejigger it to work with C++ / CFFI and hxccp/windows in the next 12 hours, I’m happy to pay a $50 bounty immediately.