Haxe raspberrypi

I need to create a simple program with raspberrypi and ofcourse want do it with haxe if possible, I never used raspberrypi, you know about tutorials/examples or somthing about haxe raspberrypi?
Thanks

The Pi is merely a computer in ARM arch. All you need to do is to install Haxe (and Neko) and write Haxe programs as you normally do.

For Raspbian Stretch, since it is based on Debian Stretch, its repo should provides you with Haxe 3.2.1. So, sudo apt-get install haxe should gives you a good start.
If you need Haxe 3.4.4, you have to build Haxe from source, read “Building on Linux” in Building Haxe compiler - Haxe - The Cross-platform Toolkit.

3 Likes

Lime (and OpenFL) should support Raspberry Pi, but it does require compiling from the source. If you need to run a fullscreen application, that’s an option :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kha supports PI out of the box, the Haxe submodule for Empty has PI support setup from my understanding.

git clone --recursive https://github.com/KTXSoftware/Empty.git

then to build your project

node Kha/make pi

I just tried it on my kha web project, it starts creating the pi stuff but unfortunately I have used ‘null’ so before I can use any C++ I need to fix that, but if you get stuck just go on the Kha irc, as I don’t personally know the steps but I believe from a chat at conference with Robert that you can just upload the resultant files to your PI. Kha is definitely setup to run on PI.

1 Like