For VS Haxe, where can I specify extra folders for haxe.renameSourceFolders?

So happy that the VS Haxe team decided to implement full rename symbol support!

Don’t have it working yet, possibly because my sources are in “source” instead of “Source”. Where can I add “source”? The documentation ( Rename Symbol · vshaxe/vshaxe Wiki · GitHub ) says I should add it to haxe.renameSourceFolders, but I can’t find that setting anywhere (looked in VS Code and also in settings.json in .vscode where I have the “[haxe]” config object).

it doesn’t show up in autocomplete or UI because the setting is not listed in package.json of vshaxe. I’ll put it in so it will show up in a future version.

for the time being just add it to your settings.json (local or global) as

"haxe.renameSourceFolders": [
      "source",
      "tests"
    ]

although I have to inform you, that source is already part of the default list, so I need to update the wiki page as well, and it should have worked on your sources already.

Something is broken somewhere. It doesn’t even work on renaming local variables anymore :frowning:

When I try a rename, I get the notification message “could not find identifier to rename”.

I do have other stuff working, such as syntax coloring, go to definition, imports. It’s just that rename that seems to not be working.

Are there some requirements I’m maybe missing?

do you see anything in Haxe Output panel?

Thanks for answering @ablum :slight_smile: . No, nothing, it’s clean. Any flags I could enable to verbose-debug its behavior? I’m pretty sure otherwise the extension works, 'cause it’s building its cache, etc. I’m on latest VS Code and extension version is v2.24.1

you should be seeing some [canRename] or [rename] entries in that panel
is there a repository that I can use to reproduce on my end?

I was afraid you’re going to say that, haha :D. There will be… just give me a few days. It’s the least I can do for your time and interest. And BTW remember that I offered a $100 bounty if this feature makes it to the extension? You probably don’t. Not sure if you saw that thread. Anyway, I’ll do it. Just let me dig myself out of the financial shithole I’m in after we lost 3200 Euros because of airlines and airports during our summer holiday :smiley:

I remember that discussion remotely, but I wouldn’t have remembered about any bounty. so don’t worry.

also let me know once you have a repository I can try out. in the mean time you can try to set up a small test project (e.g. rename lib itself) and see if renaming works for you.