Very low number of Haxe [Target] books || tutorials

I remember watching a talk where @back2dos was using haxe to compile PHP projects ( and his clients didn’t care, because the output was PHP and he made less errors, etc ). Would be interested in a small sample repo showing a minimum setup for this - would be a nice starting point for new projects :slight_smile:

Also this Haxe and JavaScript gitbook is definitely worth highlighting for beginners who are looking to get their hands dirty with haxe + html5. The git repo is super-structured.

1 Like

There was not much to it. I used FlashDevelop to create a new PHP project (but there’s really not much in there except -cp src -php bin) with haxe.web.Dispatch for routing, haxe.Template for templating and SPOD for persistence. I did add tink_lang to the mix because I’m a terseness fetishist, but that has largely superficial effects. Soon I did replace haxe.Template by tink_template so I would have type safety throughout all the code (and also a richer template language). All in all, it was pretty unspectacular :wink:

There’s actually a lot to that - it’s simple, not easy :slight_smile: For me it’s a great point from your talk and would illustrate easily how to switch from a typeless php to a typed haxe style. How about a github.com/back2dos/haxe-php-starter-template ? :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s giving 404 :slight_smile:

@back2dos please fix :smiley:

I have made some websites with haxe.Template, web.Dispatch and Spod (now called record-macros). I can made a simple blog system for php and neko when I have time this week.

1 Like

I am the one who create the php haxe documentation mentioned in the question asked by @socialflasher

I wrote it during the time I was learning about PHP and Haxe. It should cover most issues you will have when starting with PHP target.

And it also has examples about :

So perhaps we should update the git repo …

3 Likes

btw I also wrote about Haxe and JavaScript (Introduction · GitBook) as mentioned by @mastef

And Haxe and Node.js (Introduction · GitBook)

Those are the targets I use the most, and the documentation is also written during my time I started to learn about Haxe JavaScript and Node.js

My goal was to extend the Haxe Manual with practical examples.
Currently I try to get at least the documentation of javascript mentioned in the Manual: added "Community driven JavaScript documentation" to the manual by MatthijsKamstra · Pull Request #308 · HaxeFoundation/HaxeManual · GitHub

So follow the link and :+1: might help to show you really need this.

5 Likes

btw I have update most of the PHP documentation but didn’t test every example.

I didn’t get any errors, so it’s Haxe right… It should work!

hi, thank you for your great efforts , those links really help. i hope you continue this.

1 Like

Writing medium articles about Haxe is good for marketing…